MHEC, established in 1977, is a non-profit group purchasing consortium serving other non-profit organizations that have an educa-tional component (such as cities and towns, K-12 schools, higher education institutions, and libraries) in New England (Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont). We develop ready-to-use contracts that are sourced using a fair, open and competitive process allowing members to avoid the complex and time-consuming process of developing and bidding out contracts.
Click here to learn more about MHEC!
MHEC ready-to-use contracts
- Competitive discounts: Contract pricing is benchmarked annually to ensure competitive discounts.
- Up-to-date contracts: Our 50+ contracts are developed, bid and managed by MHEC SSM’s allowing us to maintain accuracy and reliabil-ity across 16 product/service categories offered by over 500+ suppliers, from local -to-global.
- Expertise matters: Our strategic sourcing managers (SSM’s) are trained to conduct a fair, open and competitive public bidding process. Click here to view a list of our staff.
- Regional coverage: MHEC ready-to-use contracts are created by MHEC strategic sourcing managers (SSMs) who research what our New England members need, then develop, bid, and manage the contract through its entire lifecycle.
- Meeting diversity goals: MHEC contracts are sourced, whenever possible, by diverse suppliers. Our list of diverse suppliers is easily located on our website. Click here to view a list that identifies our diverse suppliers by contract. (This list will also include small busi-nesses.)
- Finding your solution: Our on-line search tool provides easy access to our over 25,000 brands and services allowing members to refine their search by product category, brand, supplier or contract. Click here to search our contracts using our online tool.
access to contracts
- FREE access for members: Only MHEC members (non-profits, or governmental and municipal entities with an educational component in New England) are allowed to purchase from our contracts. They have free access to our contracts, search tools, information, and contract landing pages once they have applied for membership and been approved.
Click here to apply for MHEC Membership.
Click here to check to see if your organization is already a Member.
- FREE access for specifiers: Access to our contracts, search tools, information, and contract landing pages is free for specifiers such as architects, designers, and owner/project managers in order to find products on contract for their MHEC member clients once they have applied for SpecConnect and been approved.
Click here to apply for access to SpecConnect
- Website access: Both members and participants in SpecConnect are able to register for login credentials once their applications have been approved. This allows access to the contract information and tools.
Click here to get full access to the contracts on the website!