Supporting New England educators is core to MHEC’s mission, which makes serving New England libraries central to what we do.
From the northern tip of Maine to the Connecticut coastline, thousands of libraries of all sizes depend on MHEC to make their purchasing experience simpler and more affordable. Whether your library serves a municipality, a k-12 school, an institution of higher learning, or a specific audience, we have an array of contracts designed to make purchasing products and services simpler.
- L50 Library: Supplies, Archival Products & Service
- L51 Library: Books and Media
- L53 Library Equipment, Software & Service
- L54 Library Digital Technologies
The suppliers and discounts available for all of these contracts (and nearly 50 more) are available to members with login credentials (see the links below).
The contract is managed by Ryan Kidder, one of our Senior Sourcing Managers. He regularly travels across New England to meet with librarians to hear how our library contracts can be improved.
To learn more about how to take advantage of all MHEC has to offer, please see our page, “How to use our contracts.”
Organizations can apply for membership for free by submitting an application. Once approved, staff from member organizations can then apply for a website login to access our full website. Membership and a website login will give you access to:
- our contract search tool for reviewing every detail of our contracts
- i-buy marketplace™ our web-based shopping tool
- 1st Monday, our monthly member news digest