Complete the below three steps to apply for MHEC membership:
- Become a member: Complete the Member Application
- Register On-Line to Access the Website
- On-Line Training Demonstrations
- MA Inspector General Procurement Bulletin – January 2013(Page 6, Q2) Cooperative Purchasing Questions and Answers)
- M.G.L. c.30B, §22: Cooperative purchasing agreements between public procurement units or public procurement unit and external procurement activity.
- MA Entities – Should you have any questions about using MHEC contracts please contact the Inspector General.
The MHEC was created under the Commonwealth Statute 15A, 24A MHEC Bylaws define membership as:
- Non-Profit Public and Private Institutions of Higher Education
- Non-Profit Technical, Charter, and Vocational Schools
- Municipalities including Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Non-Profit Preparatory Schools
- Non-Profit Educational Organizations
The MHEC conducts its procurements in a fair open and competitive manner consistent with the MA Chapter 30B requirements. The MHEC Contract Managers and staff have completed MCPPO training and / or are fully designated MCPPO’s (Massachusetts Certified Public Purchasing Officials).