Who we are and What we do
MHEC is a not-for-profit group purchasing organization (GPO) established under Massachusetts State Law (Ch. 15A, € 24A) in 1977. Our mission is to save our 2000+ New England not-for-profit member organizations time and money and Maximize Purchasing Power by leveraging members’ collective spend in exchange for discounts with 700+ partner suppliers on products and services within a diverse portfolio of 50+ contracts.
MHEC members save an average of 35% through MHEC contracts and have access to competitive pricing on library books and supplies, technology hardware and software, furniture (protective barriers), cleaning services and supplies, office supplies, signage, multi-media, flooring, medical (PPE), security, promotional products and more.
Organizations Eligible for Membership
Membership is FREE for not-for-profit colleges/universities, public, private and charter schools, technical and vocational schools, municipalities, including elementary and secondary schools, libraries, museums, housing authorities, and educational organizations throughout New England (Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island).
Is My Organization a Member?
Online Access to Contracts and Marketplace
If your organization is a member of MHEC and you need a password to access our online contract search, shop our marketplace, or access training and resources, please register HERE.
MHEC Library Contracts
To help best serve our library members, we have created quick and easy access to the resources you need within our five library specific contracts. Login with your user name and password to access supplier resources and discounts by clicking on the buttons below.
Using our contracts is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Find the product/service you are looking for by brand or category.
- Contact the supplier who carries the product/service.
- Tell the supplier you are a MHEC member and receive your discounted pricing on the product/service.
Seasonal Purchasing Solutions
- C07 - COPY - Furniture and Accessories
- C07 - Furnishing and Accessories
- D25 - Laboratory and Science Equipment
- E05 - Fire/Security/Emergency Communication: Equipment, Service & Supplies
- F04 - Software
- F05 - Technology
- F07 - Copiers, Digital Duplicators & Fax: Equipment, Supplies & Maintenance
- F14 - Network Infrastructure Services
- F15 - Office and School Supplies, Toner, Water, Lamination Services
- F19 - MHEC Master Leasing & Financing
- F20 - Records and Microfilm/Film Management, Scanning, Storage, Destruction, Shredding, Archiving
- G10 - Domestic/International Mail & Parcel Delivery Service
- G11 - Flooring
- G14 - Plumbing and Heating Fixtures and Services
- G17 - Custodial Cleaning Equipment and Supplies
- G24 - Signage-Design, Fabrication, Install, Repair & Maintenance
- G28 - Elevator Equipment, Maintenance, Repair, Inspection & Testing
- J04 - Network Infrastructure Services
Want to see more?
Search our complete listing of contractsSearch
As of July 1, 2018, SCOOP has been superseded by MHEC, the Massachusetts Higher Education Consortium purchasing program. MHEC provides similar discounts on products as SCOOP, but it also offers a wide variety of additional suppliers. The discounts extend not only to any library in New Hampshire, but depending on the supplier may also to employees of those libraries.
Our Library Partners
Shop Our Marketplace
Presently, there are no
scheduled events in your area.
Please check back soon.
Need to stay up to date?
CLICK HEREto subscribe
to our newsletter.
Back to State List