Who we are and What we do
MHEC is a not-for-profit group purchasing organization (GPO) established under Massachusetts State Law (Ch. 15A, € 24A) in 1977. Our mission is to save our 2000+ New England not-for-profit member organizations time and money and Maximize Purchasing Power by leveraging members’ collective spend in exchange for discounts with 700+ partner suppliers on products and services within a diverse portfolio of 50+ contracts.
MHEC members save an average of 35% through MHEC contracts and have access to competitive pricing on library books and supplies, technology hardware and software, furniture (protective barriers), cleaning services and supplies, office supplies, signage, multi-media, flooring, medical (PPE), security, promotional products and more.
Organizations Eligible for Membership
Membership is FREE for not-for-profit colleges/universities, public, private and charter schools, technical and vocational schools, municipalities, including elementary and secondary schools, libraries, museums, housing authorities, and educational organizations throughout New England (Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island).
Is My Organization a Member?
View our member organization list https://private.mhec.net/ListMembersAlpha.aspx
Online Access to Contracts and Marketplace
If your organization is a member of MHEC and you need a password to access our online contract search, shop our marketplace, or access training and resources, please register at https://private.mhec.net/inc_RegistrationManager.aspx
To help best serve our library members, we have created quick and easy access to the resources you need within our five library specific contracts. Login with your user name and password to access supplier resources and discounts by clicking on the buttons below.
Using our contracts is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Find the product/service you are looking for by brand or category.
- Contact the supplier who carries the product/service.
- Tell the supplier you are a MHEC member and receive your discounted pricing on the product/service.
- C07 - Furniture and Accessories
- E05 - Fire/Security/Emergency Communication: Equipment, Service & Supplies
- F05 - Technology
- F07 - Copiers, Digital Duplicators & Fax: Equipment, Supplies & Maintenance
- F15 - Office and School Supplies, Toner, Water, Lamination Services
- F20 - Records and Microfilm/Film Management, Scanning, Storage, Destruction, Shredding, Archiving
- G11 - Flooring
- G17 - Custodial Cleaning Equipment and Supplies
- G24 - Signage-Design, Fabrication, Install, Repair & Maintenance
- G28 - Elevator Equipment, Maintenance, Repair, Inspection & Testing
- J04 - Network Infrastructure Services
Want to see more?
Search our complete listing of contracts
The Massachusetts Library System (MLS) - www.masslibsystem.org in collaboration with the Massachusetts Higher Education Consortium (MHEC) has developed a Library Cooperative Purchasing Program.
This program has resulted in providing its combined membership cost savings for the procurement of library materials, services and supplies through the advantage of cooperative buying power pricing.
Presently, there are no scheduled events in your area.
Please check back soon.
Need to stay up to date?
CLICK HERE to subscribe to our newsletter.